On a whim, I had emailed Mary Jane about something and then it occurred to me that I should do a Q and A with her as well. So, here it is and I would like to take this time to thank her and congratulate her on the eve of her latest release of Dying For Mercy. I have already read it and will post it Friday, so this is just a bit of a teaser for you all to learn something new about Mary Jane , and to learn something new possibly about her books. Enjoy!
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Being too sensitive.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement? Raising my two children.
- Which historical figure do you most identify with? Jackie Kennedy.
- If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be? I have no idea. Maybe a palm tree? It gets to spend its days in warm weather and can bend to survive great storms.
- What is your current state of mind? Determined
- What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Magnificence.
- Which talent (besides writing) would you most like to have and why? Dancing, because it brings such joy.
- What is it that mysteries/ thrillers are so popular? People like the challenge of figuring things out and actually enjoy being scared when they know the threat can’t really hurt them
- What was the motivation for your latest book Dying for Mercy, was there any special reason why it is about a TV reporter? All of my books take place in the television news world. DYING FOR MERCY came out of the fact that I wanted to do a book that took place in Tuxedo Park, NY, a wealthy, exclusive and very private community. I’m fascinated by closed worlds and evil invading places where people think they are safe.
- Who are your favorite authors, and why? Too hard to decide and too many to list. There are so many that pour their hearts and souls into their writing. I admire that.
I will be posting my review of Dying For Mercy on Friday, so stay tuned ! Thank You once again Mary Jane for some really great answers.